Thursday, August 12, 2010

Galveston Island

Saturday we packed up the kids for a day, or half a day, at Galveston Island.  We went for the kids.  You see, the water is brown, the sand it's good and it's really not that pretty.  Kids have a way with seeing past all of that.  They had a wonderful time building sand castles, fishing, jumping the waves and just being kids.


What am I doing with my hand?  Why won't Blake smile for a picture?  Maybe it's because his face is covered in watermelon juice...or not.  Vivian is starting to hyperventilate because she wants back in the water.


This child's hair has turned so blond in a matter of weeks.  He was definitely in his element.


This girl put anything and everything into her mouth that she could find.  "Oh, here's some nasty seaweed with who knows what caught in it.  I had better give it a try and see if it tastes okay."  She also had a great time crawling out to sea time and time again.  I have another fearless water baby on my hands.


The boys running out of the water once they found out there was a dolphin close to shore.  That only kept them out for a split second. 


Me and my girl.  

6 comments:

The Bluths said...

LOVE the pictures!

Jenna said...

How fun! I had a boyfriend that went to military school in Galveston. Those are great pictures, what a beautiful family you have!

Unknown said...

Looks like a way fun trip! I'm so glad it worked out!

Great photos!

Whitney said...

Love Blake's face! Love the pictures!

brentandkashann said...

Candace you look so pretty. I love taking the kids to the beach. Any beach will do with kids. It was so fun to see you this summer.

jaordyna said...

You look great Candice and your family looks super cute.