Wednesday, June 15, 2011

From trash to treasure, no?

 A friend gave me this vanity in February and right before we moved, like a few days before we moved, I decided to strip it and sand it down to the bare wood.  It had fire and water damage so I also had to replace a few pieces.  It's not totally perfect because I wanted to keep everything original on it, minus the sink.  After we moved into our house I didn't make the time to work on it and with other events happening, it got put on the back burner.  A few weeks ago I decided to start painting it.  I painted, sanded, stained and polyurethaned the whole thing in about 4 days.  I needed to get a rust remover for the hardware and finally found one that worked. I got all of the hardware on today and I think it turned out great.  What do you think? 




No comments: